Tom Tally - Accounts Manager¶
Skills: financial management, accountancy.
Scope: Finance department
- Tom is a recent graduate with ambitions to become a director for the company.
- Even though he has only been in the company three years, he is already the manager of the accounts department.
- His open style gave Sally Counter the courage to raise the concern she had over the some of the payments she was processing. Tom works for Reggie.
- Tom is keen to be seen as a key player in the business by members of the board.
- The fraud investigation is an opportunity for him to show the value he brings to the company.
- Urgent enquiries on how the fraud could have happened and why were they targeted.
- Tom makes the fraud investigation his top priority and pulls in Sally Counter and one of the Sales Specialists, Harry Hopeful to help him build up a complete picture of the fraud from perpetrators to victims.
- Tom quickly sees that he has taken on a lot of work.
- He had no idea how hard it is to pull together a view of how the company is working from the IT systems.
- The information that Tom needs is spread amongst many different types of system and the teams local spreadsheets. It is not correlated and there seems to be many inconsistencies.
- Tom want to present the results of a comprehensive investigation to the board in a couple of weeks.