Bob Nitter - Application Developer¶
Skills: Software systems, programming languages, simple integration concepts (JMS, Services).
Scope: IT Project.
- Bob is an experienced developer with good understanding of the types of systems that the company owns.
- He has spent most of the last five years connecting systems together using JMS, services, python scripts and other integration technology including ETL.
- Bob thinks that the internal systems need serious rationalization. In their current form he recognizes he has a job for life!
- He finds it hard to be sure he is using the best source of data and function when implementing his integration services.
- Concerns that he works too slowly and is old-fashioned in approach. They say, “if only he used agile development then he could create services much quicker.”
- Much of Bob’s time is spent installing tools, connecting to systems, testing different approaches to find out what works and hardening that.
- He is unsure he is integrating the systems the best way – he often just has time to get “something” working.
- Complexity in the integration space with different tools, terminology, technology and philosophy.
- Security is different in each systems and data is silo-ed and inconsistent.
- People just want a simple interface to call – they don’t care what is behind it.
- Creating new back end services that support mobile application, other systems of engagement and provisioning in and out of the data lake.
- He wants to go back to building new systems and function for the business rather than spending his time cobbling the existing systems together.
Raise an issue or comment below