The Planning Guide provides information to help you plan the deployment of Egeria in your organization. It is divided into two parts as follows:
Planning Deployment focuses on the setting up of the Egeria software and its supporting technology
- Planning Runtime describes how to plan your Open Metadata and Governance (OMAG) platforms and servers.
- Designing your security model
Planning User Interfaces describes how to plan for the two user interfaces that Egeria supplies.
- General UI: TBA
- Ecosystem UI
Preparing Metadata Ecosystem describes the types of metadata that should be populated in your open metadata ecosystem to allow it to operate effectively.
- Metadata Valid Values to control the values used in open metadata elements.
- Multiple Language Translations to support multiple languages in the metadata elements.
- Onboarding Organization to define the people, their roles and userIds and how they are organized into teams. This is used to control access to metadata and associated resources, route stewardship actions to the appropriate individuals/teams and synchronize organizational information between systems.
- Governance Program to coordinate the various governance activities in the organization.
Raise an issue or comment below