The Egeria features describe the value-add features that Egeria adds to its ability to synchronize metadata between different tools and catalogues.
- Anchor Management - grouping metadata elements into larger objects so that they can share a common lifecycle.
- Cohort Operation - How does an open metadata repository cohort work.
- Data Quality - manage the quality of data for specific purposes.
- Discovery and Stewardship - automated metadata discovery and stewardship of results.
- Duplicate Management - linking metadata elements that represent the same resource so that these duplicates are automatically merged and do not bloat metadata query results.
- Effectivity Dating - adding an optional start and end date to metadata elements to limit when they can be returned on a metadata query.
- External Identifiers - attaching the identifiers that metadata elements are known as in external tools and platforms to make it easier to match metadata from each system when synchronizing metadata.
- External References - enriching metadata elements with links to related external material.
- Governance Zones - grouping assets that have similar uses and/or governance requirements into governance zones. The assets in a zone can be queried and managed as a group.
- Incident Reporting - reporting and managing the actions associated with a detected incident or issue relating to a metadata element or associated resource.
- Integrated Cataloguing - using automation to automatically synchronize metadata between Egeria and external tools and platforms.
- Lineage Management - Tracing the origin and uses of resources in the organization.
- Metadata Archiving - capturing and storing metadata into archives for backups, to share standard definitions between organizations or independently deployed metadata ecosystems.
- Metadata Provenance - maintaining the origin of each metadata element.
- Metadata Security - ensuring metadata elements are only visible to/editable by the appropriate consumers.
- People, Roles and Organizations - how to synchronize information about people, what they do and how they are organized with Egeria to support security, collaboration, escalations and delegations.
- Reference Data Management - how to synchronize code values and other types of reference data across your systems.
- Synchronized Access Control - how to use metadata to maintain security information used to secure access to digital resources.
- Templated Cataloguing - using existing metadata elements as templates when cataloguing new resources.
- User Feedback - opening up the communication between resource owners and resource consumers.
Raise an issue or comment below