Tessa Tube - Lead Researcher¶
Skills: Cancer specialist working on new drugs to improve the effectiveness of leukemia treatments.
Scope: Cancer research team
- Tessa has been developing a new drug that is currently in clinical trials with a number of hospitals.
- The medical staff at each hospital are following a well defined protocol and are supplying new data about the selected patients’ progress as they are tested with the new drug.
- Tessa divides her time between her lab and the hospitals involved in the trial.
- She has strong relationships with the medical staff involved in the trial.
- Tessa is optimistic about this new drug’s effectiveness.
- However, she knows that this area of medicine is complex and a patient’s response is affected by many factors.
- Many different aspects of the cancer treatment that are not being recorded.
- Tessa spends a lot of time discussing the progress of the trial with the patients and medical staff involved in the trial, trying to capture as much information as possible.
- A willingness on the part of all concerned in the trial to collaborate to get the drug right – but a difficulty in expressing and collecting the right information since new factors are being discovered all of the time.
- Collecting information where the understanding of which factors are important to record is evolving.
- A record of the clinical trial that documents both the data required by the FDA, but also the incidental detail and additional insight that the team discovered during the trial.
Raise an issue or comment below