Ivor Padlock - Chief Security Officer¶
Skills: Security of company premises
- Ivor is responsible for the company’s security. This includes the physical security of the research labs, offices and manufacturing plant along with the security of information.
- He is not a deep IT expert, but works with the IT Operations team to review and improve their procedures.
- Ivor believes that cyber-security is one of the most critical issues threatening the business today.
- He worries at his lack of expertise in this area.
- He sees the threat from rogue employees as big an issue as attacks from outside.
- Complacency about the security of information.
- Ivor has instigated greater monitoring of employees activity, coupled with education sessions on the proper protection of information.
- Open access to large parts of the company’s data, critical research reports left on desks, sharing of passwords and machines.
- To establish a sense of personal responsibility for the protection of data at all levels in the company.
- To automate as much of the protection of information as possible whilst still enabling flexibility in the use of information.
- Data/information is properly protected so it is only used for approved purposes.