Nancy Noah - Cloud Architect¶
Skills: Design and delivery of hybrid cloud services.
Scope: IBM Technology
Nancy has been a client architect for five years. Her job involves:
- Understanding client use cases.
- Matching use cases to relevant technology and engaging appropriate specialists.
- Helping customers plan for the installation, set up and use of products they have bought.
- Development of collateral that will improve the effectiveness of future engagements.
- Nancy enjoys the technical challenge of matching new technology to a potential customer’s needs. She worries about the rate of technology and how she will keep up.
- Concerns about the security of the cloud and that it seems very complicated to integrate.
- Many questions on why companies should buy software when open source is so good nowadays.
- Nancy is very enthusiastic about cloud technology. She has build many demos to understand how this technology should be used.
- A constant stream of announcements on new capabilities to sell.
- A dwindling number of people with strong architecture skills.
- Hiding the complexity of technology whilst demonstrating the breadth and power of its capabilities.
- Expanding her knowledge of infrastructure, networks and new software components since cloud architecture requires a much broader set of skills to building on premise solutions.
- Understanding the special challenges that being in a regulated industry brings to solution design.
- Multiple successful projects running on cloud infrastructure and linked to on premise systems.
- Ongoing maintenance of her skills to stay relevant.
Raise an issue or comment below