0350 Related Terms¶
The Related Terms model contains relationships used to show how the assets of different terms are related to one another.
The TermRelationshipStatus defines how reliable the relationship is between two glossary terms:
- DRAFT means the relationship is under development.
- ACTIVE means the relationship is validated and in use.
- DEPRECATED means the the relationship is being phased out.
- OBSOLETE means that the relationship should not be used anymore.
- OTHER means that the status is not one of the statuses listed above. The description field can be used to add more details.
The related term relationships are as follows:
- RelatedTerm is a relationship used to say that the linked glossary term may also be of interest. It is like a "see also" link in a dictionary. The description field can be used to explain why the linked term is of interest.
- Synonym is a relationship between glossary terms that have the same, or a very similar meaning.
- Antonym is a relationship between glossary terms that have the opposite (or near opposite) meaning.
- PreferredTerm is a relationship that indicates that the preferredTerm should be used in place of the preferredToTerm.
- ReplacementTerm is a relationship that indicates that the replacementTerm must be used instead of the replacedByTerm. This is stronger version of the PreferredTerm.
- Translation is a relationship that defines that the related terms represent the same meaning but each are written in a different language. Hence one is a translation of the other. The language of each term is defined in the Glossary object that anchors the term.
- IsA is a relationship that defines that the "isA" term is a more generic term than the "isOf" term. For example, this relationship would be use to say that "Cat" ISA "Animal".
- ValidValue is a relationship that shows the validValue term represents one of the valid values that could be assigned to a data item that has the meaning described in the validValueFor term.