Welcome to the first Dojo session, 'Running Egeria'.
In this session, you will get an introduction to Egeria, and be shown how to get it running in your environment, so that you can explore more in your own time.
Audience: Anyone who is interested in Egeria, and wants to get some hands-on time with Egeria.
Skills: Familiarity with *nix shell environment & editing files.
Hardware Requirements: A networked MacOS, Windows, or Linux environment with at least 8GB RAM & 12GB storage or remote access to an existing Kubernetes environment.
Duration: We expect this will take most of a day, around 6 hours - but you can continue in your own time if this is too much for one session.
These are the topics we will work through in this Dojo:
- Introduction to Egeria (0.5 hour)
- Installing prereq tools - Kubernetes & Postman (1 hour)
- Installing a pre-configured Egeria environment (0.5 hour)
- Using the Egeria Ecosystem UI (1 hour)
- Configuring Egeria servers ( 2 hours)
- Running Egeria Jupyter based labs (1.5 hours)
- Summary & questions (0.5 hours)
Note, the timings are very approximate.
Let's move on to an Introduction to the Egeria project