The Egeria services provide the support for the OMAG Server Platform and its Open Metadata and Governance services.
Base Platform Support Services¶
- Administration Services - for configuring and operating OMAG Servers
- Platform Operation Services - for managing the OMAG Servers when they are running.
- Server Chassis - provides the "main" function for the OMAG Server Platform.
- Repository Services - for managing the repositories used to support the OMAG Server Platform.
The registered services are pluggable in the OMAG Server Platform and provide specialized services for different types of technologies.
- Open Metadata Access Services (OMASs) - Specialized metadata management interfaces.
- Open Metadata Engine Services (OMESs) - Specialized services for governance services.
- Open Metadata Integration Services (OMISs) - Specialized services for integration connectors.
- Open Metadata View Services (OMVSs) - Specialized services for user interfaces.
OMAG Common Services¶
The common services support clients and the registered services that run in the OMAG Server Platform.
First-Failure Data Capture (FFDC) Services - supports common exceptions and error handling. It can but used by clients and server-side services.
Metadata Security - supports authorization of access to OMAG Services and specific metadata instances.
Generic Handlers - supports the management of specific types of open metadata elements. The generic handlers provide services to translate OMAS requests built around that service's private beans into calls to the repository services (through the repository handler).
Repository Handler - supports access to multiple related metadata instances from the Open Metadata Repository Services (OMRS). It manages the provenance checking, deduplication and translates OMRS exceptions into Open Connector Framework (OCF) exceptions that are used extensively across the Open Metadata Access Services (OMASs).
In addition, there is a shared metadata management module for server-side services that make use of the beans defined in the OCF that underpins Egeria.
- OCF Metadata Management - managing metadata about assets, connections and all of the different types of metadata defined in the asset properties in the Open Connector Framework (OCF).
Governance Server Services¶
The governance server services provide the implementation of each type of governance server.