0420 Governance Controls¶
Governance is enabled through People, Process and Technology. These are controlled through a combination of technical controls (implemented IT function) and organizational controls (training, responsibility, buddy-checking etc).
The Governance Program OMAS provides support for defining governance policies through its GovernancePolicyMakingInterface.
There is further detail on the content of the governance controls in the following models:
- 0430 Technical Controls - describe automated behaviour that implements a governance control.
- 0438 Naming Standards - defines naming standard rules.
- 0460 Governance Execution Points - describe classifications for software components that link them to a technical control.
- 0461 Governance Action Engines - support the execution of technical controls.
- 0462 Governance Action Types - provide the choreography of the execution of technical controls.
- 0440 Organizational Controls - identity governance roles and manual procedures (such as approvals) that implement a governance control.
- 0445 Governance Roles - define governance roles and the people associated with them.