Release 2.5 (December 2020)¶
Below are the highlights of the 2.5 release:
The following improvements to the presentation-server user interface:
The Type Explorer UI
- supports options to show/hide deprecated types and/or deprecated attributes. Please refer to the Type Explorer help.md for details.
- preserves the user-selected focus type across reloads of type information from the repository server.
The Repository Explorer UI
- has the Enterprise option enabled by default. It can be disabled to perform more specific, localized queries.
- now indicates whether an instance was returned by an enterprise or local scope operation against its home repository or is a reference copy or proxy.
- has a user-settable limit on the number of search results (and a warning to the user if it is exceeded)
- now colors nodes based on their home metadata collection's ID. This previously used metadata collection's name but a metadata collection's name can be changed, whereas the metadata collection's ID is permanent.
- has improved help information covering search
The Dino UI
- displays a server's status history in a separate dialog instead of inline in the server details view.
The following improvements to the repositories:
The Graph Repository
- find methods have reinstated support for core properties, previously temporarily disabled due to property name clashes that are now resolved
A new type OpenMetadataRoot has been added as the root type for all Open Metadata Types. See the base model
The admin services guide has some additional information on configuring TLS security
Improvements to the gradle build scripts, but at this point it remains incomplete and build of egeria still requires maven
Egeria Implementation Status at Release 2.5¶
Link to Egeria's Roadmap for more details about the Open Metadata and Governance vision, strategy and content.