Metadata Access Point
Figure 1: Metadata Access Point in OMAG server ecosystem
This means it provides specialist metadata APIs to user interfaces and governance servers that embrace metadata from all connected open metadata repository cohorts.
The basic metadata access point has no metadata repository and metadata is retrieved and stored from remote repositories via the cohort. It can be upgraded to a Metadata Server by adding a metadata repository which will enable it to store metadata locally.
Configuring a Metadata Access Point
Figure 2 shows the structure of the configuration document for the metadata access point.
Figure 2: Configuration Document for a Metadata Access Point
The tasks for configuring an metadata access point are as follows:
- Setting up the default event bus
- Configuring the default local server URL root
- Setting basic properties for an OMAG server
- Configuring the audit log destinations
- Configuring the server security connector
- Configuring registration to a cohort
- Configuring the Open Metadata Access Services (OMASs)
Return to Cohort Members.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.