Governance Engine Open Metadata Access Service (OMAS)
Open Discovery Framework (ODF) for Open Discovery Services that analyse the content of resources in the digital landscape.
Governance Action Framework (GAF) of Governance Action Services that monitor, assess and maintain metadata.
The Governance Engine OMAS has the following capabilities:
- Creating the definitions for governance engines and their governance services.
- Providing the APIs and events that enable the Engine Host OMAG Server to retrieve the definitions of the governance engines and services and be notified of any changes to them.
- Creating the definitions for governance action processes that control the sequencing of governance actions.
- Providing APIs to create governance actions explicitly and incident reports.
- Initiation and choreography of governance actions based on the template provided by a governance actions process.
- Notification of new governance actions to the Engine Host OMAG Servers that then invoke the appropriate governance services to action them.
- Supporting the metadata requirements for many of the engine services.
Governance Engine OMAS has a User Guide that covers the Governance Engine OMAS’s APIs and events.
The documentation for writing governance services is located:
- Open Discovery Framework (ODF) for Open Discovery Services.
- Governance Action Framework (GAF) for the Governance Action Services: Watchdog Governance Services, Triage Governance Services, Verification Governance Services, Remediation Governance Services and Provisioning Governance Services.
The module structure for the Governance Engine OMAS is as follows:
- governance-engine-client supports the client library.
- governance-engine-api supports the common Java classes that are used both by the client and the server.
- governance-engine-topic-connectors provides access to this modules In and Out Topics.
- governance-engine-server supports in implementation of the access service and its related event management.
- governance-engine-spring supports the REST API using the Spring libraries.
Return to the access-services module.
License: CC BY 4.0, Copyright Contributors to the ODPi Egeria project.